Yes, I have gone BLOGGING crazy!

So, I created this blog for the purpose of typing out all the great recipe's I have in my kitchen, and living room, and on my desk, and in the bedroom, and the clippings from newspapers that are tucked into books, etc.... I really have a goal of creating a cookbook for my kitchen once I have them typed out. So my thought process is this: type out a recipe as often as I can, copy and paste it to the blog for "proof" I typed it out and to share it, then when I have tried the recipe take a photo of it to add to the blog/book and comment on how it tastes. Simple enough right? Ha! I have been trying to do this for the past ten years. We'll see how far I get. Feel free to leave me your favorite recipe and a comment on the ones I post!!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Fruit Tart

Fruit Tart
Crust:
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 sticks butter softened and sliced
Combine in food processor until the mixture forms a ball, with your fingers press the dough into a 12 inch tart pan with a removable bottom, taking care to push the crust into the indentations in the sides. Pat until the crust is even. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes until very lightly browned. Set aside to cool.

Filling: (I double this because I like more filling)
1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Beat together until smooth. Spread over the cooled crust

Topping:
Fresh strawberries sliced, kiwi slices, blueberries, raspberries
arrange over the filling as you like. I also change the fruit around as I like, I use bananas, blackberries you can use whatever you like.
Glaze:
1 6 ounce can frozen limeade concentrate thawed
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/4 cup granulated sugar
whipped cream for garnish

Combine the limeade, cornstarch, lime juice and sugar in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until clear and thick, about 2 minutes. Let cool With a pastry brush, brush the glaze over the entire tart. You will not use all of the glaze. (If you mix the cornstarch and sugar together first it mixes in easier)
Keep the tart in the refrigerator. slice into wedges and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment