Yes, I have gone BLOGGING crazy!

So, I created this blog for the purpose of typing out all the great recipe's I have in my kitchen, and living room, and on my desk, and in the bedroom, and the clippings from newspapers that are tucked into books, etc.... I really have a goal of creating a cookbook for my kitchen once I have them typed out. So my thought process is this: type out a recipe as often as I can, copy and paste it to the blog for "proof" I typed it out and to share it, then when I have tried the recipe take a photo of it to add to the blog/book and comment on how it tastes. Simple enough right? Ha! I have been trying to do this for the past ten years. We'll see how far I get. Feel free to leave me your favorite recipe and a comment on the ones I post!!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Santa Fe Chicken & White Bean Soup

Santa Fe Chicken & White Bean Soup (Gubanc’s)

1 or 2 cans white beans
6 cups chicken broth (divided)
B/S Chicken breasts and/or thighs, cut up to equal about 2 cups
1 onion, chopped
½ - 1 cup chopped green or red bell pepper (or combo)
½ cup chopped celery
2 T butter
2 T olive oil
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
2-3 T flour
1 - 7 oz can diced green chiles  (use half the can, freeze the rest)
Garnish: Havarti cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro

Combine the following in a small bowl:
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried parsley
1-2 tsp salt (divided)
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp white pepper
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 tsp red pepper flakes
Pinch cayenne pepper

In a large saucepan, heat the butter and olive oil, add onion, bell pepper, celery, 1/3 of the minced garlic (I clove) and 1/3 of the seasoning mix. Saute over medium heat about 5 minutes.  Add another 1/3 of the garlic and another 1/3 of the seasoning mix, continue sautéing until celery is tender.  Add remaining minced garlic and seasoning mix and the flour, cook 5 minutes longer.  Slowly whisk in the chicken broth, cooking until slightly thickened. (It won’t be too thick).  Add the chicken , beans and chiles and cook aprox 20-30 minutes, until the chicken is done. 


Thank you Holly for sharing this (and all the others that will be posted here eventually!!)

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite soups served with a cheese quesadilla

    ReplyDelete