Yes, I have gone BLOGGING crazy!

So, I created this blog for the purpose of typing out all the great recipe's I have in my kitchen, and living room, and on my desk, and in the bedroom, and the clippings from newspapers that are tucked into books, etc.... I really have a goal of creating a cookbook for my kitchen once I have them typed out. So my thought process is this: type out a recipe as often as I can, copy and paste it to the blog for "proof" I typed it out and to share it, then when I have tried the recipe take a photo of it to add to the blog/book and comment on how it tastes. Simple enough right? Ha! I have been trying to do this for the past ten years. We'll see how far I get. Feel free to leave me your favorite recipe and a comment on the ones I post!!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Lemon Chicken Breast

Lemon Chicken Breasts
Make 4 Servings
¼ C extra-virgin olive oil
3 T minced garlic (approx. 9 cloves)
1/3 C dry white wine
1 T grated lemon zest (approx. 2 lemons)
2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ tsp dried oregano
1 tsp minced fresh thyme
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 boneless chicken breast halves, skin on (6-8 oz each; see note)
1 lemon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Warm the olive oil in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat, add the garlic, and cook for just 1 minute but don’t allow the garlic to turn brown.  Off the heat, add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and 1 teaspoon salt and pour into a 9-13 inch baking dish.
Pat the chicken breasts dry and place them skin side up over the sauce.  Brush the chicken breasts with some of the sauce and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.  Cut the lemon in 8 wedges and tuck in among the pieces of chicken.
Bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until the chicken is done and the skin is lightly browned.  If the chicken isn’t browned enough, put it under the broiler for 2 minutes.
Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.  Sprinkle with salt and serve hot with the pan juices.

Note: Boneless chicken breasts can be found at Whole Foods or you can ask your butcher to cut them for you this way.

Serve with basmati rice or couscous!

No comments:

Post a Comment