Yes, I have gone BLOGGING crazy!

So, I created this blog for the purpose of typing out all the great recipe's I have in my kitchen, and living room, and on my desk, and in the bedroom, and the clippings from newspapers that are tucked into books, etc.... I really have a goal of creating a cookbook for my kitchen once I have them typed out. So my thought process is this: type out a recipe as often as I can, copy and paste it to the blog for "proof" I typed it out and to share it, then when I have tried the recipe take a photo of it to add to the blog/book and comment on how it tastes. Simple enough right? Ha! I have been trying to do this for the past ten years. We'll see how far I get. Feel free to leave me your favorite recipe and a comment on the ones I post!!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Curried Egg Salad with Apples

Curried Egg Salad with Apples
Makes 4 sandwiches
6 hard-cooked eggs
2 T diced red onion
½ medium sized tart apple, cored and chopped (about 1/3 Cup)
1 tsp. curry powder
3 to 4 T plain Greek style yogurt
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
3-4 T lemon juice
Dash hot pepper sauce (optional)

Peel eggs, place in a medium bowl and roughly chop with a fork.  Add onion and apple and gently combine.  In a small bowl, stir together curry powder, 3 tablespoons yogurt, salt, mustard, and 3 tablespoons lemon juice.  Add to egg mixture and stir just until combined.  Add additional tablespoon yogurt to moisten, if necessary.  Taste and adjust seasoning, adding additional lemon juice, salt or hot pepper sauce as needed.
Serve in a warm pita or on your favorite bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment