Yes, I have gone BLOGGING crazy!

So, I created this blog for the purpose of typing out all the great recipe's I have in my kitchen, and living room, and on my desk, and in the bedroom, and the clippings from newspapers that are tucked into books, etc.... I really have a goal of creating a cookbook for my kitchen once I have them typed out. So my thought process is this: type out a recipe as often as I can, copy and paste it to the blog for "proof" I typed it out and to share it, then when I have tried the recipe take a photo of it to add to the blog/book and comment on how it tastes. Simple enough right? Ha! I have been trying to do this for the past ten years. We'll see how far I get. Feel free to leave me your favorite recipe and a comment on the ones I post!!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Rice Krispie Treats

Rice Krispie Treats
3 T butter or margarine
1 package (10 oz or about 40) regular sized marshmallows OR 4 C mini marshmallows
6 C rice krispies cereal
Canned frosting or decorating gel
Assorted candies

Directions:
1.       In large sauce pan melt butter over low heat.  Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.  Remove from heat
2.       Add rice krispies cereal.  Stir until well coated.
3.       Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into a 15x10x1 inch pan coated with cooking spray.  Cool slightly. Using cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut into shapes.  Decorate with frosting and candies.  Best if served the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment