Yes, I have gone BLOGGING crazy!

So, I created this blog for the purpose of typing out all the great recipe's I have in my kitchen, and living room, and on my desk, and in the bedroom, and the clippings from newspapers that are tucked into books, etc.... I really have a goal of creating a cookbook for my kitchen once I have them typed out. So my thought process is this: type out a recipe as often as I can, copy and paste it to the blog for "proof" I typed it out and to share it, then when I have tried the recipe take a photo of it to add to the blog/book and comment on how it tastes. Simple enough right? Ha! I have been trying to do this for the past ten years. We'll see how far I get. Feel free to leave me your favorite recipe and a comment on the ones I post!!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Cherry Chocolate Shortbread Cookies

Cherry Chocolate Shortbread Cookies

Makes 3 ½ dozen
1 C butter, softened (no substitutions)
½ C sugar
½ tsp. almond extract
2 C all-purpose flour
¼ C corn starch
½ C finely chopped cherries
1 oz. bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped (about ¼ C)
1T sugar

Drizzle ingredients:
2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
1 tsp. shortening

Mix butter, sugar and almond extract thoroughly using an electric mixer.  Gradually blend in flour and corn starch.  Add cherries and chocolate.
Form into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets.  Pour sugar on a small plate; dip bottom of drinking glass in sugar and gently press down on each cookie to flatten.
Bake in a pre-heated 300 degree oven for 20-30 minutes, or until bottoms begin to brown.
Cool 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Drizzle:  Place 2 oz. chocolate and shortening in a small resealable freezer bag.  Microwave on HIGH for about 30 seconds, until chocolate is melted.  Sip off corner of bag and drizzle over cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment