Yes, I have gone BLOGGING crazy!

So, I created this blog for the purpose of typing out all the great recipe's I have in my kitchen, and living room, and on my desk, and in the bedroom, and the clippings from newspapers that are tucked into books, etc.... I really have a goal of creating a cookbook for my kitchen once I have them typed out. So my thought process is this: type out a recipe as often as I can, copy and paste it to the blog for "proof" I typed it out and to share it, then when I have tried the recipe take a photo of it to add to the blog/book and comment on how it tastes. Simple enough right? Ha! I have been trying to do this for the past ten years. We'll see how far I get. Feel free to leave me your favorite recipe and a comment on the ones I post!!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Red Curry Glazed Roast Pork

Ingredients:
1/2 cup honey
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons  Spicy Thai Chili Sauce (optional)
4 cloves garlic, mashed to a paste
1 boneless center-cut pork roast (about 4 pounds)
3 cups thinly sliced onions
Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 450°F. Mix honey, red curry paste, oil, soy, chili sauce and garlic in small bowl until well blended. Coat pork loin on all sides with 1/2 of the mixture. Reserve remaining mixture for basting. Spread onions in large roasting pan. Place pork on top of onions.
ROAST 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Roast 1 to 1 1/2 hours longer or until pork is desired doneness, turning and basting every 15 minutes with the remaining curry paste mixture. Transfer pork to cutting board. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
DRAIN and coarsely chop onions. To serve, place a layer of onions over cooked Jasmine Rice. Top with pork slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment