Yes, I have gone BLOGGING crazy!

So, I created this blog for the purpose of typing out all the great recipe's I have in my kitchen, and living room, and on my desk, and in the bedroom, and the clippings from newspapers that are tucked into books, etc.... I really have a goal of creating a cookbook for my kitchen once I have them typed out. So my thought process is this: type out a recipe as often as I can, copy and paste it to the blog for "proof" I typed it out and to share it, then when I have tried the recipe take a photo of it to add to the blog/book and comment on how it tastes. Simple enough right? Ha! I have been trying to do this for the past ten years. We'll see how far I get. Feel free to leave me your favorite recipe and a comment on the ones I post!!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Blackened Chicken on the Grill

Blackened Chicken
Makes 4 servings

1 tsp paprika
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 ½ tsp coarse salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried thyme
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T olive oil
4 bone in, skin-on chicken breast halves (2 ½ lbs total)

Set up a grill for indirect cooking over medium-hot heat.  Clean and lightly oil hot grill.  In a bowl, combine paprika, black pepper, salt, cayenne, oregano, thyme, garlic, and oil.  Rub on chicken.
Grill chicken, skin side down, directly over heat source until skin is browned, about 4 minutes.  Flip chicken: move to cooler side of grill.  Cover grill and cook chicken until cooked through, about 35-40 minutes.  Transfer to a platter and tent with foil.  Let chicken rest 10 minutes.
Serve with your favorite side.

No comments:

Post a Comment