Yes, I have gone BLOGGING crazy!

So, I created this blog for the purpose of typing out all the great recipe's I have in my kitchen, and living room, and on my desk, and in the bedroom, and the clippings from newspapers that are tucked into books, etc.... I really have a goal of creating a cookbook for my kitchen once I have them typed out. So my thought process is this: type out a recipe as often as I can, copy and paste it to the blog for "proof" I typed it out and to share it, then when I have tried the recipe take a photo of it to add to the blog/book and comment on how it tastes. Simple enough right? Ha! I have been trying to do this for the past ten years. We'll see how far I get. Feel free to leave me your favorite recipe and a comment on the ones I post!!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Black Bean Hummus (and recipe for Tahini)

Black Bean Hummus Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients:
·         1 can black beans, drained (15 oz)
·         1/4 cup tahini
·         1 tablespoon garlic, minced
·         1 tablespoon olive oil
·         1/4 tablespoon lime juice
·         1/2 teaspoon cumin
Preparation:
In a food processor, process all ingredients until smooth and creamy. If it is too thick, add half a teaspoon olive oil and a half teaspoon lime water. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator in airtight container.

Serve with hot pita bread, pita chips, veggies, or tortilla chips.

Tahini (sesame seed paste)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients:
·         5 cups sesame seeds
·         1 1/2 cups olive oil or vegetable oil
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350. Toast sesame seeds for 5-10 minutes, tossing the seeds frequently with a spatula. Do not allow to brown. Cool for 20 minutes.

Pour sesame seeds into food processor and add oil. Blend for 2 minutes. Check for consistency. The goal is a thick, yet pourable texture. Add more oil and blend until desired consistency.

Yield: 4 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment