Yes, I have gone BLOGGING crazy!

So, I created this blog for the purpose of typing out all the great recipe's I have in my kitchen, and living room, and on my desk, and in the bedroom, and the clippings from newspapers that are tucked into books, etc.... I really have a goal of creating a cookbook for my kitchen once I have them typed out. So my thought process is this: type out a recipe as often as I can, copy and paste it to the blog for "proof" I typed it out and to share it, then when I have tried the recipe take a photo of it to add to the blog/book and comment on how it tastes. Simple enough right? Ha! I have been trying to do this for the past ten years. We'll see how far I get. Feel free to leave me your favorite recipe and a comment on the ones I post!!

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Crockpot Tom Kha Kai (using leftovers!) ~ Non - traditional

So, I was in the mood for Tom Kha Kai soup today but I needed to use up some leftovers in the kitchen.  So, this is what transpired:

Ingredients:
  • 1 lg onion, diced
  • 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
  • 2 tbsp fresh lemongrass paste (I'm sure you can make this by hand but I had some in the fridge)
  • 2 tbsp fresh  minced ginger
  •  1-1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
  •  1/2 C diced carrots
  •  1 C diced Jicima root
  • 2 tbsp Thai red chili past (I used Thai Kitchen brand)
  • 2 1/2 tbsp fish sauce -(I used Thai Kitchen brand)
  • 2 cans coconut milk, stirred (the full fat kind!)
  • 4-5 c. diced/sliced chicken breast (already cooked - I had this left over from a baked chicken)
  • 4 c. chicken stock (preferrably from scratch but I was in a hurry so I used bullion cubes)

  •  
    Directions:
    1.  In a crockpot (I used a 6qt size) add all ingredients except the onion and coconut oil.
    2. In a small sauce pan heat coconut oil on medium heat, add onions and cook just long enough for them to warm and the edges begin to look a little translucent.  Add to mixture in crockot.
     
    Cook four hours and serve! I may add cilantro as a garnish and serve over rice but this is all up to your taste buds!
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment