Yes, I have gone BLOGGING crazy!

So, I created this blog for the purpose of typing out all the great recipe's I have in my kitchen, and living room, and on my desk, and in the bedroom, and the clippings from newspapers that are tucked into books, etc.... I really have a goal of creating a cookbook for my kitchen once I have them typed out. So my thought process is this: type out a recipe as often as I can, copy and paste it to the blog for "proof" I typed it out and to share it, then when I have tried the recipe take a photo of it to add to the blog/book and comment on how it tastes. Simple enough right? Ha! I have been trying to do this for the past ten years. We'll see how far I get. Feel free to leave me your favorite recipe and a comment on the ones I post!!

Monday, October 8, 2012

Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew

Ingredients:

2 lbs Chicken Breasts, diced
2 Medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled, cut in half (long way) and sliced (approx 3 cups)
1 Medium red onion, cut into quarters
1 14 oz can of chicken broth ( or about 2 cups if using bullion cubes)
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
4 cloves garlic minced
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes ( no salt/sugar added - Hunt's is usually a good option)
2 Tablespoons of chopped roasted almonds
Chopped cilantro


In a crockpot (3.5-4 quart) add all ingredients except tomatoes, almonds, cilantro.  Cover and cook on low heat for 7 hours or high heat for 3.5-4 hours.

Add tomatoes, turn off crock pot, let sit 5 minutes, spoon into bowls and top with almonds and cilantro to taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment