Yes, I have gone BLOGGING crazy!

So, I created this blog for the purpose of typing out all the great recipe's I have in my kitchen, and living room, and on my desk, and in the bedroom, and the clippings from newspapers that are tucked into books, etc.... I really have a goal of creating a cookbook for my kitchen once I have them typed out. So my thought process is this: type out a recipe as often as I can, copy and paste it to the blog for "proof" I typed it out and to share it, then when I have tried the recipe take a photo of it to add to the blog/book and comment on how it tastes. Simple enough right? Ha! I have been trying to do this for the past ten years. We'll see how far I get. Feel free to leave me your favorite recipe and a comment on the ones I post!!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Left Over Grilled Pork with Veggies

Ingredients:
2 medium sized pork chops (2 inches think) grilled and cubed.
1/2 C baby carrots, sliced
½ C sweet peas, ends trimmed off, cut into thirds
2-3 Whole cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 Leek, chopped (minus the tops)
½ C red onion, chopped
½ C red peppers, chopped
1 C Broccoli heads, chopped to bite sized pieces
2 Tbs olive oil
5-6 raw almonds – roughly chopped
Salt and pepper to taste.
Directions:
Note:  All measurements are estimates and can be changed as you like.  I just used what I had in the fridge and kept chopping veggies until I felt I had enough to serve everyone.
Heat oil on stove over medium heat.  Add broccoli, garlic, carrots.  Stir about 2 minutes, add remaining veggies.  Add chopped pork.  Cook until all are heated through, stirring as needed to prevent burning.  Add the chopped almonds just before serving, give a good stir, ENJOY!
This was enough for two people.

No comments:

Post a Comment