Yes, I have gone BLOGGING crazy!

So, I created this blog for the purpose of typing out all the great recipe's I have in my kitchen, and living room, and on my desk, and in the bedroom, and the clippings from newspapers that are tucked into books, etc.... I really have a goal of creating a cookbook for my kitchen once I have them typed out. So my thought process is this: type out a recipe as often as I can, copy and paste it to the blog for "proof" I typed it out and to share it, then when I have tried the recipe take a photo of it to add to the blog/book and comment on how it tastes. Simple enough right? Ha! I have been trying to do this for the past ten years. We'll see how far I get. Feel free to leave me your favorite recipe and a comment on the ones I post!!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Brownies

Supplies:
1 ½ C cake flour
¾ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
4 oz unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
¾ c (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter or margarine, softened
1 ½ c granulated sugar
3 eggs (I prefer organic, free range)
2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
1.       Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray an 8”x2” or a 9”x2” square pan with a non-stick spray
2.       In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.  In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate: let cool slightly.  In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, vanilla and melted chocolate: mix well.  Stir in flour mixture by hand; mix until just combined.  Spread batter into the prepared pan.
3.       Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out almost clean.  Cool completely on wire rack before cutting.
4.       Garnish with icing and berries as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment