Yes, I have gone BLOGGING crazy!

So, I created this blog for the purpose of typing out all the great recipe's I have in my kitchen, and living room, and on my desk, and in the bedroom, and the clippings from newspapers that are tucked into books, etc.... I really have a goal of creating a cookbook for my kitchen once I have them typed out. So my thought process is this: type out a recipe as often as I can, copy and paste it to the blog for "proof" I typed it out and to share it, then when I have tried the recipe take a photo of it to add to the blog/book and comment on how it tastes. Simple enough right? Ha! I have been trying to do this for the past ten years. We'll see how far I get. Feel free to leave me your favorite recipe and a comment on the ones I post!!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Rosemary Garlic Lamb Loin Chops

Makes: 4 servings
1 Recipe Tomato-Balsamic Rice (see note)
4 lamb loin chops, cut 1 ½ to 2 inches thick (total of 2 lbs)
1 Tbsp snipped fresh rosemary
3 cloves garlic, mashed
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
Rosemary sprigs (optional)

1.        Prepare tomato-balsamic rice (see below).  Meanwhile, arrange oven rack so that the top of the chop surface is 4-5 inches from the heat when placed on a broiler pan.  Make sure to account for the height of broiler pan and chops.  Pre-heat broiler.
2.       Coat the top of broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.  Rub both sides of the chops with half of each of the snipped rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper.
3.       Broil chops for 18-20 minutes or until instant read thermometer inserted in chops registers 145 degrees (medium rare doneness), turning occasionally to brown evenly.
4.       In large skillet heat oil over medium heat.  Add tomatoes and remaining half of the snipped rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes or until the tomatoes just begin to soften.  Stir in vinegar.
5.       Serve chops with tomatoes, and tomato-balsamic rice.  Top with rosemary sprigs.
Tomato-Balsamic Rice:
In a medium saucepan combine 2 cups water, 1 cup uncooked jasmine or long grain rice, and ¼ tsp salt.  Bring to boiling; reduce heat.  Simmer, covered, for 18-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.  Stir in one 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, drained; ½ cup frozen peas; and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.  Cover, let stand 5 minutes to heat through (makes about 4 servings).

No comments:

Post a Comment